How are NAÏF’s products developed?
NAÏF’s products are developed by the experts: a renowned Swiss lab, experts formulators, GP’s, dermatologists and lots and lots of parents.
Are there any risks in using NAÏF’s products?
No there are no risks involved. Although products should be used as intended. Our products are dermatologically tested and tested for allergenic properties. However, there is always a possibility that certain individuals may experience unexpected reactions. In case of the latter consult your GP.
Who should use NAÏF’s products?
Our products are developed for newborns and toddlers. However up without any age restrictions and therefore also advised to parents and grandparents.
Which products are suitable for newborns?
All of our products are gentle enough to use on newborns. We recommend our oils and creams for cleaning and moisturizing the youngest babies especially during the first months. When they grow older you can start using our wash gel, body lotion and shampoo. If you or your child has allergies or severe eczema, we advise you to consult your GP before using any new type of skin product.
Are NAÏF’s products different from other “natural” products like those found in other personal care lines?
Yes! The term “natural” is used very loosely today, especially in the case of personal care products. Many companies use petroleum-based ingredients, like mineral oil, chemical additives and preservatives, but call their products “natural” because they add a few botanical extracts. NAÏF is different. We do not use cheap fillers, mineral oil or chemical preservatives.
Why should I use NAÏF’s products on my baby?
NAÏF’s products are especially developed for the baby skin. Babies have different skin care needs than adults for several reasons:
- At birth, the baby skin does not yet have a protective acidic layer and is nearly perfectly pH neutral.
- The epidermis or outer layer of baby skin is 20-30% thinner and therefore less resilient than adult skin.
- Infant skin both absorbs and loses moisture more quickly than adult skin.
- Infant skin can be more susceptible to infection. Infant skin has not yet fully developed the defences to protect itself from certain bacteria, and babies do not have fully effective immune systems to fight off infection.
- Babies have reduced sweating capability, compared to normal adults. This affects their ability to reduce body temperature through sweating. In addition to affecting body processes, this decreased ability to sweat may contribute to rashes.
NAÏF’s products ensure the comfort of healthy skin for your little one. Developed for normal baby skin, sensitive skin and those with atopic skin tendencies, you can be confident NAÏF will have the products you need that are both safe and effective to care for your baby.